to a ART JOURNAL Junkies JAM SESSION
at Sullivan Hall (6306 152nd Street) on Sept 20th!
We are hosting a CREATIVITY STATION at our fabulous Market from 11am-4pm!
FB EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/
The CREATIVITY STATION !
– Come ART JOURNAL… while your young ones colour next to you!
– Coloured pencils and crayons will be available for use!
– ART JOURNALING sample kits can be purchased from Nicci Dot C A for just $20.00 & up! (includes ‘how-to’ sheets, water colour paper, fancy ribbon, ephemera, decoupage-able art images, and much more!
– Kids colouring kits are just $5.00 (includes twelve 8.5″ x 11″ pages featuring Nicci’s fun Gltzy Galz ) !
– You might want to even join our ART JOURNAL JAM group, which meets monthly in South Surrey! (https://www.facebook.com/
Bring along your own dry media art journaling supplies to create with, if you wish!!!
Hi all my Art Retreat Lovelies!,
The weather looks great for next week & I know you are all eager to pack your bags and make you way to Harrison Hot Springs. We are excited to see you as well!!
Here is a suggested packing list for you all (CLICK HERE: art retreat packing list). This is just a suggested list, as everyone has personal likes and habits…lol.
See you all soon!
PS: For those that have not booked yet, but would like to join in on the fun, there is still time to register online!
~ ~ ~
SAVE YOUR SPACE!
Friday May 23, 2014
- (A) Island of deMented Toys with Michael deMeng
- (B) Marquis de Scroll with Andrea Matus deMeng
- (C) Creativity Kick Start with Megan Anderson
Saturday May 24, 2014
- (D) Pretty Vial Things with Michael deMeng
- (E) Exquisite Enigmas with Andrea Matus deMeng
- (G) Mythical Eye Journal with Megan Anderson
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Art Retreat EVENTS PACKAGE price of just $510.00 pp CDN includes (approx. $465 USD):
- SWAG bag filled with creative goodies to swoon over!
- Welcome night reception (hors d’oeuvres)… where the TRADES happen!
- Two 6 hour classes with sought after Artists! (one class on Friday & one class on Saturday)
- Strolls on the sandy BEACH (a great free time option)
- Use of the Natural Hot Spring Pools (when staying on site)!
- Handmade VENDOR Market (open to the public) Friday Night!
- SHOW & TELL Saturday Night!
- NIGHTLY fun & artistic creative gatherings to create, journal & giggle with kindred spirits.
Sometimes it takes courage to do what you love. Maybe we are afraid that we will not be good enough or just frustrate ourselves and not enjoy the process. These are battles that we unfortunately place on ourselves and only we can take these barriers down and throw them away.
When we say to ourselves that enough is enough and take that step forward, it may begin with trepidation and fear, but then end up with joy, freedom and the curiosity as to why we did not do this earlier in its place.
What would you love to do?:
- take a few days away… just for you (and maybe a friend or two)
- learn how to create with en-caustic wax
- make your dream doll a reality using funky steampunk fashions and findings
- use assemblage to create your very own creepy misfit toy
- play with concrete in a whole new way
- sew your own uniquely stylish crafting/cooking apron
- learn the vastly growing trend of art journaling
- sculpt a gorgeous silhouette dressed for dancing in a flowering field
- create a warm and loved filled painted scroll to decorate your home
- play with the ever popular ice resin and design your own necklace pendant
- embellish your heart with all the love you can muster
- create a 3D mixed media enigma
- remake your favorite little bottle into something completely demented and vial
- adorn your journal cover to reflect the ‘eye of the beholder’. (Mine would be a girl looking back at me… of course…lol. Have you seen my art? It’s all girls!)
- give a face to your inner critic and empty your fears into her
Sometimes along our personal journey we get creatively stuck and need a jump start to recharge our batteries or just need to step aside from our normal everyday lives. Have time to breathe, laugh, make friends and take a leap of faith in ourselves.
All SKILL levels welcome!
NOTE: REGISTRATION closes January 25th, 2014