When I was a kid I loved the idea of magic potions. Remember how Alice drank from the bottle to become very very tall, and of course Dr. Jekyll turned into his hairy eye-browed buddy Mr. Hyde the same way…different recipe apparently. There must be some very interesting mojo in those little containers …some good…some not so good. In this class we are not going to be making the elixirs (that might be illegal in some states) but rather we are going to be designing the little bottles that house these strange liquids. We will be using various assemblage techniques to create some pretty vial things; part of the fun is deciding what they are going to hold and coming up with the appropriate housing. Whether it for turning into hairy monsters (which comes in handy), a potion for invisibility (also very handy), or a place to store the water from the fountain of youth (send me two right away), the containers will be as rich and strange as the contents. Down the hatch!
Remember the Island of Misfit Toys in the claymation epic “Rudolph the Red NosedReindeer”. Well that’s nothing compared to what we’re going to do in this class. You’re going to bring all sorts of parts and pieces from a variety of toys. You round up everything from Barbies ,to Tonka trucks, to snow globes, to wind-up zeppelins, and reassemble them “into something rich and strange” (to quote Shakespeare’s The Tempest). Don’t worry if you toys aren’t dismantled yet…we can take care of that…bwwwwahahahahahaha (evil laugh – in case you were wondering). Using various techniques of assemblage we will turn our classroom in to a laboratory of the weird. Barbie and Ken will never be the same….as I said before ….bwwwwahahahaha.
All SKILL levels welcome!
CHECK OUT the crackle paste made by GOLDEN Acrylic Colors!
SAVE YOUR SPACE!
NOTE: REGISTRATION closes January 25th, 2014
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Package price includes:
- SWAG bag filled with creative goodies to swoon over!
- 3 nights accommodation at Harrison Hot Springs Resort, B.C. (May 22-25, 2014)
- Welcome night reception (hors d’oeuvres)… where the TRADES happen!
- Breakfast each morning in the Lakeside Cafe
- Lunch 2 days (Fri & Sat)
- Dinner Friday evening
- Two 6 hour classes (one on Friday & one on Saturday)
- Strolls on the sandy BEACH
- Use of the Natural Hot Spring Pools (located on site)!
- Handmade VENDOR Market (open to the public) Friday Night!
- SHOW & TELL Saturday Night in the Cascade Ballroom!
- NIGHTLY creative gatherings to create, giggle & greet new and old friends.
- all taxes and hotel staff gratuities
~ ~ ~
SAVE YOUR SPACE!